If you suspect fraud...
- Do not confront the suspect
- Do not investigate the situation yourself
To Report Issues:
Iowa State University provides a compliance and ethics hotline for employees, students, and constituents to report issues, in good faith, regarding compliance with laws, regulations, and policies.
The ISU Compliance and Ethics Hotline may be used to report the following types of issues, for example:
- Misuse of funds, theft, embezzlement, fraud
- Waste of resources, funds or property
- Theft or misuse of information or technology resources
- Falsification of contracts, reports or records
- Research or scientific misconduct
- Conflicts of interest
- Public or environmental safety issues
- Violations of federal or state law or regulations
- Serious or recurring violations of ISU policies
You may file a report online or by phone at 515-294-7119.
People who commit fraud are impacted by:
- Perceived pressure
Learn more about fraud and how to protect the institution and yourself by visiting the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners website.